The notes and previous tests from a course in “Elementary Mathematics”—whose purpose is to assist the transition from high school to university—are available for free (in French).
Lecture notes and/or tests of the following first year courses are available (in French):the research teams websites and the of e-learning platform.
- Maurice BOFFA, Recursive functions, 20 April 2001 (18 pages).
- Lucas QUARTA, A (basic) introduction to the theory of wavelets, 22 November 2001 (16 pages).
- Paul VAN PRAAG, Why complex numbers? Why groups ?, 20 June 2002 (19 pages).
The team of experimental mathematics, during a research project funded by the Wallonia-Brussels Federation, has developed modeling activities for teaching mathematics using an historical perspective. These modules are destined to teachers in the last three years of high school. They focus on the historical evolution of concepts and ideas. An interesting source of motivation ...
List of the modules developed:
- The genesis of equations;
- The discovery of the irrationals;
- Second degree and chaos;
- Conical history: the parabola;
- From the concept of “line” to the one of “vector”;
- Loci over time;
- A problem of Fermat;
- Pi and the circle;
- Randomness in all its forms;
- Touching stories (tangents).