Learn French and Mathematics
As a non French-speaking student, enroll in our Master in Mathematics. You will have the opportunity to learn French through dedicated courses included in your program and to choose among three profiles of study:
- Master in Mathematics, professional focus, careers in finance;
- Master in Mathematics, professional focus, careers in computer science;
- Master in Mathematics, research focus.
You will also benefit from an supportive environment whose quality has been recognized by the international evaluation U-multirank: the department belongs to the top 20 Science Faculties in which students are most satisfied with their overall learning experience for Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology. You may be interested in details about the U-multirank methodology.
This program is accessible within the Erasmus exchange program or as a free mover.
Some parts of the Master can be conducted in English, namely:
- integrated project (18 credits);
- internship, research and professional focus (30 credits);
- Master thesis (30 credits).
Our Master program is very flexible and adapts to your career goals. Here is an outline:
- Principal courses (24 credits);
- Elective courses (18 credits);
- Integrated project (18 credits);
- Master thesis (30 credits);
- Internship (30 credits).
The main research themes covered in our department are:
- Arithmetical Geometry;
- Mathematical Logic (Model Theory);
- Game Theory;
- Partial Differential Equations and Numerical Analysis;
- Functional Analysis;
- Operational Research;
- Computer Sciences (various subtopics);
For more information, contact us by email: math(at)umons.ac.be.