The Department is active in organizing conferences and exhibitions for the general public. These are often organized in collaboration with the Scitech².
- Cycle “Extraordinary numbers” (2010).
- Exhibition of robots built by students were made to the town hall of Mons (2008–2011) during the spring of Sciences.
The activities of the circle of mathematics and culture of the University of Mons, MAthanor, wish to promote mathematical literacy and are aimed at students of secondary and higher education, teachers, as well as the general public interested in maths, an extraordinary adventure of human thought. The circle organizes conferences, exhibitions ....
To be kept informed of events, simply write to us 〈math(at)umons.ac.be〉.
- November 25 2011, presentation by Jean Mawhin, professor at the Catholic University of Louvain, Si π m’était conté.
- February 17 2011, presentation by Benoît Rittaud (Université Paris-13), Le fabuleux destin de la racine carrée de 2.
- Thursday, May 6 2010: presentation by Michel Lartillier, From the stone to the chip: the history of elementary techniques of calculation.
- Wednesday, March 18 2009: presentation by Jean Mawhin, professor at the Catholic University of Louvain, The Golden ratio: the beauty of mathematics or mathematics of beauty?.